It’s a while I wrote on Moto G4 Plus being the affordable nexus. So this year it’s successor Moto G5 plus has arrived with some huge shoes to fill in the mid-range smartphone market. Especially when smartphones like Redmi Note 4, Honor 6X, Nubia Z11 MiniS to mention a few which has caught my attention with it’s excellent Value for money features and specs are excellent contenders in the 15K (INR) price range.
So what has changed from the G4 ?
- A more energy efficient Snapdragon 625 processor
- Metal body with a reduced screen size of 5.2″
- A 12 MP f/1.7 camera supposed to be a equivalent to the ones present in Samsung Galaxy S7
What works in G5’s favor ?
- A Pure Android Nougat 7.0 user experience with the usual sprinkling of Moto Apps to enhance productivity / usability like Moto Actions app
- The 12 MP back snapper is one of the best in it’s range
- Quick charge with good battery life
- Two sim slots with a dedicated memory slot
Some down-ers of G5
- Even though the screen size is down its still a large phone with bezels
- At a price of 16,999 for the 4 GB / 32 GB it’s costlier than Redmi Note 4, Honor 6X and it would have been better if it had 64 GB internal memory
- Video recording is a hit & miss affair