I’ve always admired HTC for their products (but as of recent times I am not a fan of their pricing strategy or its product portfolio). But still when it comes to ‘flagship’ phones their previous One M7 and One M8 has built up quite a reputation. I haven’t fiddled with the One M7 but yesterday I spent quite a bit of time with the M8 – HTC’s current flagship. And here are some of my views on it,
- At 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm with its metal finish it SCREAMS “premium” and you and everybody around you will know you are holding a premium smartphone.
- The 5″ full HD screen (1920 x 1080 pixels @ 441 ppi) was bright , crisp and fantastic to look at
- It runs almost the latest version of Android (4.4.2) with the HTC sense 6 UI. The user intreface was slick and clean and easy on the eyes.
- I was amazed at the sound quality of the front firing speakers. The bass and treble was good (I am no audiophile)
- The “ultra pixel” back camera it’s called …The snaps I took inside a well lit room at night came out quite nice with the colors looking more natural.
- The front 5 megapixel camera should satisfy “selfie” lovers….
- Inside the box in addition to the usual set of accessories like usb cable , charger and headset there was a simple back cover.
So as you see this is not a comprehensive review on the phone. I liked it and for people looking at a top of the line android phone the One M8 is a phone you should consider. You can get one here